Pineapple Guava Chutney
Gone are the days of homemade jams and jellies. I decided to try making my own chutney with some pineapple guavas that were growing in my yard.... similar to what my tutu used to make and the result was well worth the effort. I might try using mango as well next time.
- 3 cups trimmed and chopped pineapple guavas
- 1/3 cup pitted and slivered Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Mix all ingredients in a 4-qt. saucepan with 1/2 cup water. Cook over medium heat until mixture starts to boil, then simmer, covered, until thick and caramelized, about 70-90 minutes. Serve warm or chilled; store chilled up to a week.
Great on bread or as a side with curry.