Asian Beef Salad Recipe
A classic asian beef salad modified slightly to reduce the carbohydrate and sugar levels of the marinade. You won't miss the calories and your body will thank you!
Marinade and Dressing Base:
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 cup Aloha shoyu (Aloha shoyu)* use gluten-free or tamari
- 2 tablespoons no-sugar-added rice-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon equivalent sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1½ pounds beef sirloin, cut against the grain in 1/8-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts (optional)
Add other veggies that you like!
Mix green onions, garlic, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and sugar substitute in a small bowl. Pour half into a resealable plastic bag; add steak and marinate overnight in the refrigerator. To remaining soy sauce mixture, add curry powder and ginger. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over high heat until very hot. Drain beef and discard marinade; quickly stir-fry beef 2 to 3 minutes in hot oil for medium doneness.
Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add salad greens, bell pepper, water chestnuts and reserved soy dressing. Toss to coat.