Miso Glazed Kabocha
Perfect throw-together recipe for miso kabocha.
- 6 tablespoons white miso
- 3" piece fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- 1/4 cup sake
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Aloha shoyu
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 kabocha squash , seeded and cut into slices
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Preheat oven to 375°. In a blender or food processor, whirl miso, ginger, sake, vegetable oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
In a large bowl, toss squash slices with miso mixture to coat thoroughly. Lift slices from sauce and arrange them, overlapping slightly, on a large baking sheet. Reserve sauce.
Bake 15 minutes. Brush slices with remaining sauce (you will have some left over) and cook until tender when thick edges are pierced with a fork, about 5 to 10 more minutes. Drizzle with sesame oil and remaining sauce.