Eggplant is is one of my favorite things to eat, especially quickly stir-fried with a few simple ingredients keeping it relatively healthy and low-cal.
- 6-8 small Japanese eggplant, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 TB + 2 TB vegetable oil
- ¼ c. sake
- 1 TB Aloha shoyu
- 2 TB sugar
- 1 small chile, seeded, thinly sliced
In a skillet over medium heat; saute bell pepper and carrot until cooked through. Remove from skillet. Into skillet saute eggplant in remaining oil 1-2 minutes. Return bell pepper and carrots with remaining ingredients. Cover tightly; cook over low heat until done and sauce is slightly thickened, about 5-6 minutes.