Peanut Butter Cup Trifle
Peanut Butter Cup Trifle - So who knew that my last trifle could illicit such joyous and hateful comments at the same time. Yikes. Guess it just shows that you can’t please everyone… I know I’ve made my fair share of gluttonous dishes but this one might top them all.
Recipe courtesy of Christy Denney of www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com. Visit her website for more delicious recipes!
- 1 (9x13) pan of baked brownies, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (5.1 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) container thawed Cool Whip, divided (or use homemade whipped cream)
- 20 peanut butter cups, crumbled (do not buy bite sized; you could get away with less...but why?)
- 6-8 peanut butter cups to garnish.
Combine pudding and milk. Beat for 2 minutes. Add peanut butter and vanilla, beat until smooth. Gently fold in 2 cups cool whip or homemade whipped cream.
Layer in trifle dish ½ the brownies, ½ the crumbled peanut butter cups, ½ the pudding mixture. Repeat. Top with cool whip and peanut butter cups. Chill at least four hours until serving.