Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole
This is a healthy, vegan, vegetarian version of one of my favorite dishes using fresh kale, sweet potatoes and black beans. Its a hearty dish bursting with flavor!
- 1 large sweet potato, grated
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 bag Baby Kale Mix
- chili powder for seasoning (to taste)
- 1 14 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, low fat*
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into strips
*use vegan/veggie cheese to keep this dish vegan/vegetarian
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Use a non-stick dish or spray with cooking spray. Grate sweet potato using a food processor or grater and set aside. Slice onions thinly and set aside.
Place the grated sweet potato in the bottom of the baking dish, then add a layer of the onions. Sprinkle some chili powder, then a layer of kale and black beans. Pour tomato sauce and salsa over the entire casserole, sprinkle with cheese and top with tortilla strips. Cover and bake for 25 minutes.