Baked Pineapple Spare Ribs
Baked pineapple spareribs made local hawaiian style. Sometimes mistakes in the kitchen make for a winner recipe. Credit for this recipe goes to a helpful goddaughter, so excited to be of help in the kitchen.
- 2 lbs. spareribs, cut in 1-2" pieces
- water (enough to barely cover ribs)
- 2 pieces fresh ginger, smashed
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/3 c. white vinegar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 c. pineapple juice
- 1/3 c . Aloha shoyu
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. canned pineapple chunks, drained
Cook spareribs in boiling water with ginger and garlic; for 15 minutes. Drain; place ribs in a roasting pan. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except pineapple chunks. Pour mixture over spareribs; bake for 2 hours; stirring occasionally.
For service, top with pineapple chunks. Serves 4.