Hot & Spicy Seafood Soup Recipe
What could be better than a hot, spicy bowl of soup full of flavorful shrimp and mussels in a rich, flavorful broth?
- 12 medium-size shrimps, deveined, shells removed
- 10 fresh mussels
- 12 mushrooms
- 1 stalk of lemon grass (lightly pounded and cut into 2" long)
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of fishsauce
- 2 tablespoon better than bouillon lobster base
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 4 thai chilis (pounded lightly)
- 3 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
A tasty addition to this is to add chopped pieces of kim chee and about a cup of kim chee juice.
Bring water to boil, then add lemon grass, lime leaves, mussels and shrimp. When the shrimps turn pink, add mushrooms and salt. Remove the pot from heat, add fish sauce, lobster base, lime juice, and hot peppers. Serve the soup while still hot and garnish with cilantro.