Ono Kine Coffee Cake Recipe
Nothing goes better with coffee in the morning with a nice slice of coffee cake slathered with honey butter!
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, chilled cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter, melted and cooled
Using your fingers, mix both the sugars, flour, butter and cinnamon together in a medium bowl until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in pecans and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Coat a 9 x 13 baking pan with butter or cooking spray. Mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl, set aside; In a medium bowl, whisk the yogurt, sugars, eggs and melted butter, and vanilla together until smooth. Gently whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle the streusel over the top of batter. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack at least 15 minutes before serving.