Congresswoman Colleen Hanabusa's Linguine With Clams
Another popular, easy-to-make meal that Congresswoman Colleen Hanabusa makes for her hungry and homesick interns.
- ½ lb. linguine, cooked
- 1 can chopped clams (separate clams from juice)
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2-3 basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- fresh or canned mushrooms (easier if sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vermouth
- parmesan cheese optional.
Heat pan with oil on medium high heat. Saute the onions for 1-2 minutes until translucent. Add salt, pepper, basil and oregano. Add mushrooms and clams. Deglaze the pan w/ vermouth. Add olives and put the clam juice and parsley. Adjust salt and pepper if necessary and add butter and a little olive oil for richness. Serve with parsley on top and add parmesan cheese if you wish.