Oyster Sauce Seafood Bowl
This dish is a family favorite that I came up with trying to mimic the seafood bowls that I used to pick up for lunch at Chinese takeout restaurants.
- 1 TB vegetable oil
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 3 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked, drained, stems removed, diced
- 1/4 lb. small shrimp, cleaned
- 3 TB oyster sauce
- 1 TB mirin
- 1 TB sugar
- 1 TB sake
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. Aloha Aloha shoyu soy sauce
- 1 tsp. ginger, peeled, very thinly sliced
In a skillet or wok over medium heat; saute celery, and garlic in oil 1 minute. Add pork and cook through. Stir in mushroom and sauce ingredients; stirring to coat pork well; until bubbly. Add shrimp, remove from heat. Immediately serve over bowls of steamed rice. Serves 3-4.