Adobo SPAM Musubi
Try Chef Adam Tabura's adobo SPAM musubi created for SPAM® brand as part of the Aloha Plate recipe collection which can be found on the Spam brand website: http://www.spam.com/recipes/Aloha-Plate Visit the SPAM® brand website for more Aloha Plate recipes.
- 1 12-ounce can SPAM Classic, cut lengthwise Julienne (thin slice)
- 4.5 oz white steamed rice, cooked ahead of time
- 4 sheets Japanese nori, cut in half
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup mirin, rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp green onion whites, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 bay leaves, cracked
- 1/2 Tbsp black peppercorn, crushed fine
To make this delicious spam musubi recipe, Mix water, vinegars, garlic, green onion white, bay leaf and black peppercorns. Marinate SPAM® Classic in Vinegar for 4 hours.2Heat a medium sauté pan and remove SPAM® Classic from marinade, draining well. With light oil in pan, sauté SPAM® Classic on both sides for 2-3 minutes on each side. Then add marinate to pan with SPAM® Classic and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until sauce becomes lightly sticky. Remove from heat and place on rice and wrap with Nori. Serve Adobo spam musubi warm.
No nutritional data is available for this adobo spam musubi recipe.