This is an easy eggnog recipe where I combine local island flavors into traditional holiday fare. This haupia eggnog is the perfect island holiday treat!
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 1/2 in. long)
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- light or dark rum (optional)
Garnish with Ground cinnamon and whipped cream (optional)
Heat whipping cream, cinnamon sticks, and cloves in a saucepan, stirring, until boiling. Remove from heat and let stand for 1 hour. Strain and return to pan.
Whisk egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk into heavy whipping cream. Cook, stirring constantly over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir in coconut milk. Let cool, then chill for 3 hours.