Taro Brand's Just Enough Beef Stew
Taro Brand shows us how easy it is to make local-style beef stew using their Just Enough line of Stew-Cut vegetables - Now making local favorites is easy with Just Enough!
- 1/2 lb. stew meat, cut into 1” pieces
- 4 cups water
- 2 red medium potatoes, cut into quarter pieces
- 1 package Just Enough Stew Carrots
- 1 package Just Enough Stew Celery
- 2 packages Just Enough Stew Onion
- 1 bag Taro Brand Poi*
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cubes Beef Bouillon (optional)
- 1 cube Chicken Bouillon
- 6oz can tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
1. In a large pot heat the oil and garlic over medium high heat.
2. Salt & Pepper meat and cook 5-10 minutes until browned.
3. Add water, chicken & beef bouillon, and tomato paste and bring to a boil. Immediately lower heat to medium low, cover and let simmer 1 to 1 ½ hours.
4. Add potatoes and let simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Then add “Just Enough” Stew Cut carrot, celery, onion continue to simmer for another 15 minutes.
6. Stir in Poi and continue to simmer until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste. 7.Serve over rice.