Aunty Lilikoi & Salty Wahine Lilikoi Wasabi Mustard Potato Salad
I love the two sisters from Salty Wahine and Aunty Lilikoi - they have been supporters of the show from the very beginning and finally were able to do an episode. This salad incorporate products from both companies: Salty Wahine Hawaiian Rub and Aunty Lilikoi Wasabi Lilikoi Mustard. Visit http://auntylilikoi.com and http://saltywahine.com and checkout their amazing, made-in-hawaii products.
- 5 medium potatoes; chopped
- 1 teaspoon red Hawaiian Alaea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 large eggs; boiled, cooled and chopped
- 1- 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Salty Wahine Hawaiian Rub
- 5 sweet pickles; chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Aunty Lilikoi Passion Fruit Wasabi Mustard (or your favorite Dijon), 1/4 cup sweet onion; chopped .
Put chopped potatoes, clove garlic and red Alaea salt in pot. Add water to cover potatoes. Bring to boil and cook approx 10 min till potatoes are done. Don't overcook. Cool (preferably in zip lock overnight in refrigerator, this makes it firmer for mixing plus you do not want to mix hot potato with mayonnaise). Combine all ingredients, mix well, take care not to smash potatoes. Chill well before serving. May also add macaroni if desired.