Lechon Kawali w/Tomatoes and Onions
One of my favorite ways to eat lechon kawali is with tomatoes and onions. Lechon kawali is similar to the crispy Chinese roast pork - so feel free to use that as well. I just get mine from a Filipino restaurant or in Chinatown. You can also get a recipe off of this site as well and make your own.
- 1 large piece crispy pork rind/chicharon, chopped
- 2 island tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium Maui onion, finely chopped
- 1 TB bagoong or patis, to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper
In a mixing bowl; combine all ingredients well. Season as needed. Serve with lots of steamed rice!! If you want to make your own lechon, check out this recipe: Lechon Kawali Recipe