Halm's Enterprises Kalua Pig Kim Chee Fried Rice
Mike Irish - the owner of Halm's Enterprises, Keoki's Lau Lau & Diamond Head Seafood makes a local favorite: kalua pork (Hawaii's version of pulled pork), kim chee fried rice. Watch this episode on Cooking Hawaiian Style!
- 1 lb. Kalua Pork (pulled pork)*
- ½ onion, minced
- 4-5 cups cooked rice (day old if possible)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons Aloha Aloha shoyu
- 2 cups Halm’s kim chee, rough chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 packet Hawaiian Pride Kim Chee seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
To make kalua pork (pulled pork) Heat wok and ad sesame and vegetable oil. Get wok really hot until oil starts smoking. Add onion and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add Kalua pig and toss with onions for about 1 minute. Add rice and toss until the rice is nice and coated and is incorporated with kalua pig (about 4 minutes). Add chopped kim chee and kim chee seasoning packet. Toss well and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Finish seasoning with oyster sauce, shoyu, salt and pepper if necessary.
Serve kalua pork (pulled pork) kim chee fried rice by itself a sit is a meal by itself or as a side dish.