Ahi Katsu w/Shoyu Mustard Mayo Sauce
Try this ono recipe for a nori-wrapped ahi katsu with an Aloha Shoyu, mustard mayo sauce that is out of this world!
- 2 blocks sashimi grade ahi, 6-8”x 1-1 ½”
- 4 each sheets of nori
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- vegetable oil, enough to fill a frying pan a minimum of 1-inch deep
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 3?4 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
Aloha shoyu Mustard Mayo Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard mixed with dash water
- 3 tablespoons Aloha shoyu
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients well. Set aside.
Aloha Shoyu Mustard Mayo Sauce
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients well. Set aside. In a wok or a deep fryer, preheat oil. Place panko in shallow dish.
On work surface; wrap each piece of ahi with two sheets of nori. Dip wrapped ahi into batter and coat with panko. Deep fry until golden brown; about 30-40 seconds. Drain on paper towels. For service; slice as desired. Arrange onto serving platter; drizzle with Soy Mustard Mayo. Serves 4-6.