Korean Kal Bi Sauce
This is a great recipe to have on hand in your refrigerator. Good for marinating meats, use as a dipping sauce; seasoning for fried rice or fried noodles. Feel free to add the sugar before using, dependent on your use.
- 1 ½ c. Aloha shoyu
- 1 ½ c. sugar
- ¾ c. vegetable oil
- ¼ c. green onion, chopped
- 4 TB sesame seeds, toasted, crushed
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-inches ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 Hawaiian chili pepper, crushed
- 1 tsp. salt
In a mixing bowl; combine all ingredients. Makes 2 cups.
Good for 5 pounds of kal bi short ribs, chicken thighs, pork steaks or pork country style ribs. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.