Over The Top Tofu Poke
This Over the Top Tofu Poke is a take on a local favorite made popular by a long standing Waikiki Restaurant. The addition of some island ingredients make this version extra special. You will wow your guests with this one.
- 1/2 small Maui or sweet onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ c. limu kohu (soft seaweed)
- 2 TB green onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. inamona (kukui nut)
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. Thai chili garlic paste
- 1 tsp. sesame seed oil
- pinch Hawaiian salt
- 3-4 TB Aloha shoyu, to taste
- 1 (20 oz.) block firm tofu, cubed, drained Garnish:
- 2 tsp. toasted & crushed sesame seeds, 1/4 c. fresh cilantro
In a mixing bowl, combine onion, limu kohu, green onion, inamona, ginger, chili garlic paste, oil, salt and soy sauce as needed. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
Gently toss with tofu. Garnish as desired. Serves 4 (sometimes 2 for dinner).