CHILLED MARINATED SHRIMP
I remember having an appetizer dish at a buffet served at a celebration get together with friends. The dish was on my plate for an appetizer as well as my entrée. Wonderful fresh flavors, citrusy and tangy. Served simply with lemon wedges.
- 2 1/2 lbs. cooked shrimp, peeled; deveined, tails left on
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 c. shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- ¼ c. each white vinegar, Dijon mustard
- 2 TB balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- juice of 1 lemon garnish:
- shredded lettuce, lemon wedges
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients; marinate shrimp 1-2 hours.
For service: place lettuce in cocktail glasses; top with shrimp. Serves with lemon wedge. Serves 8.