I ordered “lomi lomi salmon” off a menu at a small mom and pop neighborhood restaurant. What a surprise I had when the dish was made with fresh salmon and not the traditional salted salmon we are all so accustomed to here.
The combination of flavors in this SALMON CEVICHE recipe marry well with the fresh salmon. Feel free to serve immediately or allow to marinate.
- 8 oz. fresh salmon, skin and bones removed, coarsely chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ c. red onion, minced
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ c. lime juice
- 2 TB green onion, green parts only, finely chopped
- 1 serrano chilie, finely chopped
- pinch salt
- shredded cabbage
In a mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, green onion, chilie and salt. Gently fold in salmon. Refrigerate 30-45 minutes; drain well.
For service; arrange on a bed of cabbage.Optional to serve immediately Serves 4.