CHAR SIU SPARERIBS
This Char Siu Spareribs is a traditional recipe for Chinese Roast Pork, but done with spareribs instead. It’s a finger licking good dish. Great for pot lucks
- 4 lbs. country-style spareribs
- 2-inches fresh ginger, thick slices, crushed
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 stalks green onion, 3-inch pieces Marinade:
- ½ c. each brown sugar, honey, preserved red bean curd
- ¼ c. water
- 1-inch fresh ginger, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. each salt, Chinese 5 spice
- dash red food coloring
In a large saucepan over medium heat, cover ribs with water; add ginger, garlic and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 hour, until tender. Drain, reserving broth for future use. Place ribs in a large roasting pan lined with aluminum foil.. In a mixing bowl; combine marinade ingredients. Rub ribs generously with mixture; refrigerate 1 hour. Grill over charcoal or bake in preheated 350 degree oven 10-15 minutes; place under broiler 2-3 minutes on each side.
Use reserved broth for soups, saimin or just as is. Serves 6-8.