Oven Baked Chow Mein Noodles
In the Oven ?? I had first “seen” this Chow Mein Noodles dish at a children’s after school game, brought by one of the mom’s. It was such a popular dish, with all the other mom’s asking for the recipe. To hear the proud mom say “I made it in the oven” surprised everyone.
Of course she was busy getting the kids ready for the game. So how perfect to be able to just pop this in the oven, and it’s ready to go! Since then, I have seen numerous versions of a similar recipe. I said I had first “seen” this dish, well, never did get to try her dish, there was none left!
- 1 lb. fresh chow mein noodles
- ½ TB sesame seed oil
- ½ TB vegetable oil
- ½ lb. prepared char siu pork, thinly sliced, slivers, divided
- 1 ( 8-9 oz) pkg. bean sprouts
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced diagonally
- 4 stalks green onion., chopped, divided
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, thinly sliced, slivers garnish:
- 1/4 c. thnily sliced slivers, char siu pork, chopped green onion Sauce:
- 2 TB oyster sauce
- 2 TB Aloha shoyu
- 1 TB sugar
- 1 TB sesame seed oil
- 1tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Grease bottom and sides of pan with vegetable and sesame seed oil. Set aside 1/4 cup of char siu and 2 tablespoons of chopped green onion for garnish. In a small mixing bowl; combine sauce ingredients. Reserve. In a mixing bowl, toss noodles and vegetables with sauce mixture. Transfer into prepared pan. Cover. Bake 20-25 minutes.
For service: Top with reserved char siu and green onion. Serves 6-8.