SMOKED SALMON CORNCAKES
A quick and easy dish to make when unexpected guests drop in. A typical corn cake recipe dressed up with smoked salmon. Feel free to use whatever you might have leftover in your refrigerator.
- ¼ c. each yellow cornmeal & flour, as needed
- ¼ c. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c. smoked salmon, flaked
- ¼ c. corn, drained
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ c. milk
- 2 TB green onion, chopped
- ½ tsp. dill weed
- ¼ tsp. each baking soda, salt Ganish:
- lemon wedges
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Add additional flour as needed to bring to desired consistency. In a skillet over medium high heat, drop by heaping tablespoonfuls, flattening slightly. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
Serve with lemon wedges. Serves 4.