SALMON & AHI CARPACCIO
I remember the first time I tasted Beef Carpaccio. I ended up ordering a second dish to enjoy as my entrée. That particular dish was simply served with lemon juice and great olive oil.
I loved this version with the fresh fish and tastes more commonly paired with lox.
- 1/2 lb. sashimi grade yellow fin ahi (tuna), sliced paper thin
- 1/2 lb. fresh salmon, sliced paper thin
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced paper thin
- 2 stalks green onion, green parts only, sliced thinly diagonally
- 2 tsp. capers Sauce:
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 TB soft tofu
- 2 TB catsup
- 2 tsp. each Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, mirin sake, sesame seed oil
- 2 TB vegetable oil
In a blender, combine sauce ingredients, adding oils last.
Arrange ahi and salmon on serving platter, top with onions and capers. Drizzle sauce onto fish. Serves 4-6.