Beef Stew & Taro
This is my first attempt to make a cooking video....needless to say, the quality if aweful. At one point the zoom lens got stuck and it went downhill from there!!
This is a pretty basic recipe for beef stew but I wanted to try adding taro. I remember having taro in my stew a long time ago at uncle Bobby and aunty Noe's house and have always wanted to try it again. It was just as I remembered it... you gotta try!!
- 3-4 lbs Stew Meat or Cut Up Chuck Roast
- .25 Cup Oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 Bunch Celery
- 1.5 Tablespoons Hawaiian Salt or Ono Hawaiian Seasoning
- 2 Large Cans Whole Tomatoes
- Larg Box Beef Broth (3-4 Cans)
- 1 Med Package Baby Carrots
- 2-3 Russet Potatoes
- 1 1b Taro (I used pre-cut/cleaned taro)
- flour & water mixture (optional if you like your stew thick)
- Heat Oil in Large Pot
- Add Beef and Brown
- Add Onions & Celery
- Add Beef Broth & Canned Tomatoes and Bring to Boil
- Simmer on med to med-low Heat for 2 hours or Until Meat is Tender
- Add Potatoes, Taro & Carrots
- Simmer for 20 Minutes
Serve over rice or with a bowl of ice-cold poi!!!