VIETNAMESE CABBAGE SLAW
Change up your next picnic menu and your guests will love it! This Vietnamese cabbage slaw contains all the classic flavors of Thai and Vietnamese cuisi.
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ c. white vinegar
- ½ medium head cabbage, shredded
- ½ medium head won bok, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, grated
- 3 TB fresh mint leaves
- 2 TB fresh cilantro leaves Garnish:
- chopped roasted peanuts Dressing:
- 1 Thai bird chile, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 TB rice wine vinegar
- 3 TB fresh lime juice
- 3 TB patis (fish sauce)
- 2 TB vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. sugar
- pinch each salt, white pepper
In small bowl; marinate onion in vinegar 15 minutes, drain. In a mixing bowl; whisk together dressing ingredients; set aside.
For service: Toss onion with remaining ingredients. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with peanuts. Serves 4.