Mahi Mahi w/Pineapple Mango Chutney
This delicious Mahi Mahi with Pineapple Mango Chutney recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai's Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
• Maui Onions,small diced , 3oz.
• Mango, medium diced, 6oz.
• Pineapple, medium diced, 6oz.
• Ginger, minced, 1 tblsp.
• Olive oil , 2 oz.
• Sugar , 2 tblsp.
• Apple cider vinegar ,2 tblsp.
• Gr. Cumin , 1/2 tsp.
• Salt , 1/2 tsp.
• Jalepeno, minced (no seeds) ,1/2 tsp.
• Mahi Mahi, Fresh filet , 10 oz.
• Salt and pepper to taste.
• Olive Oil 1 oz.
1. In a hot saute pan, add olive oil until it starts to smoke.
2. Add Onions, jalepeno,and minced ginger into the hot saute pan until onion becomes translucent.
3. Add cider vinegar, sugar, and cumin to the onion mixture. Reduce vinegar to 1/3 volume.
4. Add diced mango and pineapple to the mixture. Saute to blend flavors together.
5. Add salt to taste.
1. Season Mahi Mahi with salt & pepper.
2. Add olive oil in a hot saute pan.
3. Sear the Mahi on both sides. Finish in a 350 degree oven about 6-8 minutes.
4. Plate the Mahi and top with 3-4 oz. of Pineapple Mango Chutney. Garnish with micro greens