Grilled Salmon w/Truffle Madeira Sauce
This delicious recipe for grilled salmon and truffle madeira sauce was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai's Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
•4 Filet of Salmon about 6-8 OZ each clean and remove pin bones
•4 cups mashed potato
•½ lb Asparagus blanched
•½ lb King oyster mushroom slices
•1 tablespoon vegetable oil
•2 tablespoon of white wine or chicken stock
•Salt and pepper to taste
•1 cup truffle Madeira Sauce
•1 cup Madeira wine
•2 cups veal stock
•1 tablespoon chopped truffle
•½ cup butter
•2 lbs veal bone Roasted in the oven at highest heat for 30 minutes (this will give nice brown color your stock
•2 cups red wine
•10 cloves garlic
•5 cloves shallot
•1 cup onion dices
•1 cup carrot dices
•½ cup celery dices
•2 bay leaves
•½ tablespoons black pepper
•4 spring fresh thyme
- Season the fish and season with salt and pepper, grilled about 3 minutes on each side or until the fish are cooked.
- In a hot pan with medium high heat add oil and mushroom and cook for couple minutes or until the mushroom turn to a light brown, drizzle with white wine or chicken stock add asparagus and season with salt and pepper
- For plating add one scoop of mashed potato and sautéed mushroom and asparagus top with grilled salmon and sauce, garnish with fresh herb.
- Combine veal stock and Madeira wine, bring to a boil and reduce to one cup, turn the heat off and whip in butter, set aside and keep warm.
- Add roasted veal bones and fill with red wine and hot water until the veal bone submerse with about six inches of water on top, bring to a boil and remove all the scum.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and season with salt let it simmer for a minimum of 3-4 hours keep add more water if need.
- At the end you should make about 10-15 cups veal stock