Ma Abraham's Sweet & Sour Spareribs
Mom's recipe for sweet and sour spareribs.
Posted By: Thyra Abraham
Rating View Rating(1)
| 8 people have saved this recipe
Prep Time: 10 | Cook Time: 120 | Ready In: 130
- 3-4 Lbs. Pork Spareribs
- 2/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1.5 Cups Water
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Cup Dark Broen Sugar
- 20oz Can Pineapple Chunks
- 1/4 Cup Aloha shoyu soy sauce
- 4-6 Cloves Garlic (Grated)
- Fresh Ginger (2" around) Grated
- Flour for dredging spareribs
- Oil for frying
- Cut spareribs into 1.5" pieces or have your butcher cut the ribs for you.
- Dredge spareribs in flour and fry in oil until brown. ** you may have to cook in batches to allow meat to brown**
- Remove spareribs from pan and drain excess oil
- Place spareribs back into pan and pour all of the sauce ingredients over spareribs.
- Add pineapple chunks with juice into pan and cook for 1 hour covered and up to 1 additional hour with cover off until meat is tender and sauce is nice and thick.
User Reviewsview all ratingComments:
Reviewed on: Jun 19, 2013 By Shevon
This recipe was so easy and super ono!!! Tasted just like the Chinese restaurant spareribs. Yum.