Coconut Milk Poached Lobster w/Carrot Puree'
This delicious Coconut Milk Poached Lobster with Carrot Puree' recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai's Island Bistro.
•2 16 -20 ounces Kona Lobsters
•2/3 qt Chicken stock
•2/3 qt Coconut milk (Can)
•½ tablespoon butter
•4 stalks Lemongrass cut to an inch long
•2 cup Carrot peeled and cut to an inch long
•4 cloves garlic
•4 cloves shallot
•3 pieces bay leaves
•1 onion cut to 8 pieces
•½ tablespoon sugar
•Salt, and pepper to taste
•Paprika for garnish
- Clean and remove the tail and claws from the body and split the tail in half with the shell on.
- Poach the claws in boiling water for couple minutes; this will make it easier to remove the meat from the claw. Set the tails and claws aside.
- Cut the head to small pieces for use in the sauce, set aside.
- In a stock pot combine coconut milk and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add carrot and cook for 7-10 minutes or until the carrot are cooked, remove from the stock and puree with butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste until it’s smooth. Set aside.
- Add Lobster head, lemongrass, garlic, shallot, onion, bay leaves, to the stock bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes to make sure the vegetables and lobster release their flavor to the stock.
- At this point the stock should be a little thicker from the original, season with sugar, salt and pepper and poach the tail and claw with a medium low heat for 2 minutes or until the meat are cooked. Remove the meat from the shell and remove the liquid from the stock, use as a sauce
- In a bowl scoop a tablespoon full of carrot puree and plate in the center of the bowl, top with lobster meat and sauce around it.
- Garnish with carrot leave and sprinkle with a little of paprika for color.