Apple Tart w/Lilikoi Glaze
This delicious apple tart with lilikoi glaze recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai's Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
4 pieces green apple (Granny Smith)
1 sheet puff pastry (look in the frozen section)
1.5 cups sugar (1cup for pie, half cup for glaze)
1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
1 egg beaten
½ cup lilikoi concentrate
½ tablespoon Vanilla extract
small pinch of salt
- Peel the apples and cut them in half through the stem. Remove the stems and cores with a sharp knife and a melon baler. Slice the apples crosswise in 1/8-inch thick slices.
- Place overlapping slices of apples diagonally down the middle of the tart and continue making diagonal rows on both sides of the first row until the pastry is covered with apple slices. Sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon mixtures by combine 1 cup of sugar and one tablespoon cinnamon powder.
- Brush the edge of the puff pastry with egg wash and bake in pre-heat oven at 400 degree until the puff pastry turn to a golden brown about 30-40 minutes.
- While the tart is baking, with another pot combine sugar, lilikoi, vanilla extract and pinch of salt and bring to a boil and simmer for couples minutes.
- Remove the tart from the oven and brush with the lilikoi glaze on top of the tart.
Serve warm or room temperature, perfect with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream..