Spam Corn Chowder
I've been thinking about making this for a long time. Its a modified version of Mom's corn chowder recipe. This is a very rich and hearty soup.
8 Slices Smoked Bacon finely minced
1/2 Cup Chopped Celery
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
4 Tablespoons Butter
4 Tablespoons Flour
1 Can Spam sliced or cut into 1" cubes
2 Russet Potatoes peeled and cut into 2" cubes
2 Cans Creamed Corn
1 Can Whole Kernel Corn (use fresh frozen if desired)
1 Pint Half & Half
Salt & Pepper To Taste
1 Tablespoon Aloha shoyu
**Add milk to thin if desired
- In heavy pot, cook bacon, onions and celery until tender
- Add Spam, butter, simmer for 5 minutes
- Add Flour and stir for 2 minutes
- Add potatoes, half and half, creamed corn, corn
- Cook for 20 minutes over low heat until potatoes are tender
- add salt, pepper, shoyu to taste.
If consistency is too thick, you can thin to desired consistency with milk.