Blueberry Mochi Cake
A different take on mochi-it is light and has crumbs like a cake, but with that familiar taste of mochi. Great summer dessert using fresh sweet blueberries. And it is gluten-free!
To achieve the crumb like texture, cream the butter with the sugar as you would normally do when making a regular cake.
1 16 oz box mochiko or rice flour
1 c butter or 2 sticks, soften
2 c sugar
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
2 c fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Cream soften butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
4. Add evaporated milk and mix until incorporated.
5. Add mochiko, baking powder, and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
6. Fold in blueberries.
7. Pour mixture in the parchment lined pan and bake for 1 hour.
8. Let cake cool completely before cutting.
Cool completely before cutting mochi cake.