White Chocolate Cheesecake w/ Island Princess Macadamia Caramel Sauce
Creamy white chocolate cheesecake has macadamia nuts throughout, with a homemade Macadamia Caramel Sauce poured over the top.
I would strongly recommend the use of a cheesecake moat to properly and easily cook your cheesecakes. The cheesecake moat will protect your cheesecake from getting water damaged and it will also provide the necessary moisture to prevent your cheesecake from cracking. Make your cheesecakes like the pros do! Watch video below...
Graham Cracker Crust:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
3 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva Solid Ivory, coarsely chopped (any other good quality white chocolate may be substituted for the Godiva brand)
1 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup heavy cream
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Island Princess Macadamia Caramel Sauce:
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup Island Princess Macadamia Nuts, all-natural, unsalted, diced toasted (see note below)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Lightly butter 9-inch springform pan. Tightly wrap bottom of pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
2. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in bowl. Press mixture in bottom of prepared pan. Refrigerate crust while preparing filling.
1. Place solid ivory, butter and cream in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50% power) for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds more or until chocolate is softened. Stir until smooth and let cool.
2. Beat cream cheese in mixing bowl until smooth, using electric mixer at medium speed. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla and cooled solid ivory mixture, using low speed. Pour mixture over crust.
3. I would strongly recommend using a cheesecake moat to prevent your cheesecake from getting ruined. Instead of putting your springform pan in an aluminum roaster pan, you would put it in the cheesecake moat which will protect it from water damage and provide the necessary water barrier to produce perfect cheesecakes!
Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until top is slightly puffed and center is just firm. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in oven for 1 more hour and prop oven door open. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
1. Combine sugar, water and lemon juice in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture turns light golden brown. Remove from heat.
2. Heat heavy cream in another saucepan until it comes to a gentle boil. Gradually add hot cream to sugar mixture, stirring until blended. Cool completely.
Assembling the Cheesecake:
1. Loosen edge of cheesecake with a knife. Remove side of springform pan. Cut into wedges.
2. Add macadamia nuts to caramel sauce. Heat sauce over low heat and stir until sauce thins.
Note: To toast macadamia nuts, spread on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F (180°C). for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
Spoon over cheesecake wedges and serve immediately. Makes 12 servings.