Chigae (Kim Chee Soup)
This recipe was given to me by my close friend's father, Thomas Yang. I have modified & simplified it over the years. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- ¾ - 1 lb. lean belly pork
- 2 cloves garlic, large, crushed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon Aloha shoyu
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 pint bottle kim chee, hot (will dilute)
- 1 daikon, small, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 block Konnyaku, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 3 stalks green onion, cut 1” length
- 1 block tofu, cut 1” square
1. Slice pork thinly, cut into bite size pieces
2. Add vegetable oil to heated pot
3. Add garlic and heat to release aroma
4. Add pork, sesame oil, and shoyu
5. Saute until pork is ¾ cooked
6. Add chicken broth, kim chee with juices, daikon, konnyaku, and miso, and bring to boil again
7. Simmer for 30 minutes or until daikon is soft
Add tofu before serving.
Over rice is optional.
Are you kidding?