Chicken Curry Salad
What used to be a favorite dish of mine to grab and go whenever I am at the Whole Foods Salad Bar. I just had to re-create a similar dish for enjoy whenever possible at home. A great way to use up your rotisserie chicken as well. Tender chicken breast in a flavorful mix of yogurt, lime juice and curry. Good to enjoy in a sandwich or as is with mixed greens.
- 1 lb. cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, 1-inch dice
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, ½-inch dice
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 6 oz. plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 TB fresh lime juice
- 1 c. jicama, peeled, ¼-inch dice
- 1 c. green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 c. red bell pepper, ¼-inch dice
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. pecans, toasted
In a skillet over medium heat; sauté onion oil 2-3 minutes. Add curry powder and chicken. Sauté 1 minute just to coat chicken with curry powder. Remove mixture from pan to cool. Refrigerate. In a mixing bowl; combine yogurt, lime juice, jicama, grapes, red pepper, green onion and pecans. Add chilled chicken to yogurt mixture.