Portuguese Potato Salad
My husband loves this Portuguese Potato Salad. I can’t recall ever a time when there would be a cook out or family gathering without it.
6-8 small to average size russet potatoes
1lb. Velveeta cheese
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1 small pimiento peppers (sliced or chopped)
3-4 bread slices cubed
1 stick butter
1. Boil potatoes with skin on, cool and cube.
2. Layer potatoes in 9×13-in baking dish sprayed with grease.
3. Cube Velveeta cheese and sprinkle over potatoes.
4. Add 1/2 cup of chopped onions, pimento peppers and chopped parsley. Sprinkle with paprika and garlic.
5. Cube 3-4 slices of white bread and sprinkle on top. Melt 1 stick of butter and pour over casserole.
6. Bake 15-20 minutes at 350°F.
7. May be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated. Bake just before serving, serve hot.
Tip: You can sprinkle your potato salad with bacon bits for added flavor and crunch.