This easy and quick Takoyaki is a Japanese ball shape snack made up of a flour based batter and filled with octopus, red ginger and green onion.
1 2/3 cups flour
2 1/2 cups dashi soup
1/2 lb. boiled octopus, cut into bite-size pieces
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup dried sakura ebi (red shrimp)
1/4 cup chopped pickled red ginger
fried bonito flakes
aonori (green dried seaweed)
Worcestershire sauce or takoyaki sauce
1. Mix flour, dashi soup, and eggs in a bowl to make batter. Thickness of the batter should be like potage soup.
2. Put oil inside cups of a takoyaki grill pan.
3. Pour batter into the cups to the full.
4. Put octopus, red ginger, and green onion in each hole.
5. Grill takoyaki balls, turning with a pick. When takoyaki become rounds and brown, remove them from the pan and place in a plate.
6. Put sauce and mayonnaise on takoyaki and sprinkle bonito flakes and aonori on the top
keywords: sid alapai, tako, dashi, fried, octopus