Crockpot Pork Luau
When I'm ono for some good luau stew, but too lazy to cook, I use the crockpot and let it cook all day long. The flavor that you get is incredible and its so easy.
- 3-4 lbs. Pork Butt
- 3-4 lbs Luau Leaf- (fresh or frozen)
- 1 round onion (gives broth more flavor)
- Hawaiian salt
1. Cut up Pork Butt to fit into crockpot, add Hawaiian Salt and enough water to cover meat. Add 1/2 Luau leaves to top of pot. If you are using frozen, pre-cooked luau leaves, add leaves after cooking for 8 hours and disregard instructions for adding remaining luau leaves in step 4.
2. Set to Medium for 10-12 hours.
3. After 8-12 hours-pull out bone from pork butt (meat should be soft and tender).
4. Add remaining luau leaves in batches. Use ladle to chop up leaves, shred meat and mix up altogether. Keep adding leaves as it melts down and use ladle to break up leaves and meat, After last batch of leaves is added, cook at least one hour. Add more Hawaiian salt to taste.