Beef Chow Fun w/Black Bean Oyster Sauce
You can use rice noodle sheets or the more popular Chow Fun noodles in Hawaii or any flat noodle of your choice. This is a simple stir fry noodle dish.
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 200g beef fillet, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon fermented black beans
- 6 oyster mushrooms
- 4 fresh shiitake mushrooms, stalks removed
- 2 tablespoons shao xing
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons light Aloha shoyu
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ½ cup fresh chicken stock
- Fresh rice noodle or chow fun noodles
- ½ cup Chinese broccoli leaves
- 2 shallots, cut into 3-cm lengths
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup sweet Thai basil leaves
- Pinch ground white pepper
Order Easy Asian Noodles Cookbook - Chen includes recipes for all your favorite traditional noodle dishes, including pad Thai, yaki-soba, wontons, sesame noodles, udon, ph?, and more. And many of these recipes take no more than twenty or thirty minutes to prepare.
Heat the oil in a wok until just smoking.
Add the ginger and garlic and fry until fragrant. Add the beef slices and stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the black beans, oyster and shiitake mushrooms, shao xing, palm sugar, soy and oyster sauces and the chicken stock. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the rice noodles, broccoli leaves and shallots and cook for a further minute. Finally, add the sesame oil and remove from the heat.
Order Your Cast Iron Wok Set Now!! - Cook like the pro's with a heavy-duty cast iron wok set. set includes wok, ring, stainless steel spatula and aluminum lid (18 gauge) and bamboo cleaning whisk = 5 pcs