Ahi Poke w/Nori Tempura Chips
Ahi poke served with nori tempura chips, a great way to serve fresh poke for the holidays!
- 1 lb. ahi, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon Hawaiian Alae salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Inamona (candle nut or kukui nut)
- 2 tablespoons Aloha shoyu
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 1 package nori (I love korean seasoned, but use what you like)
- 1 large egg
- ½ c. water
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 3 TB cornstarch
- 2 TB sugar
- ¼ c. sake
- 1 tsp. salt
- Oil for frying
Prepare poke and set aside in refrigerator. Prepare tempura batter in bowl by mixing all ingredients except for oil. Heat oil in deep pot. Cut nori into strips suitable for dipping ie. 3"x 2" strips.
Dip nori strips in tempura batter and fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towel and immediately season with salt.
Serve Poke ice cold in a bowl with nori tempura chips on the side.