Vegetable Tempura Soba
Vegetable tempura soba, the perfect dish for rainy weather!
- 1 pkg. dried or instant soba, cooked according to package directions, drained
- 4 c. favorite dashi
- Garnish: wakame, chopped green onion, soft boiled egg
- 1 c. green beans, slivered
- 1 small carrot, peeled, slivered
- 1 small gobo, peeled, slivered, soaked in water
- Vegetable oil as needed, for frying
- ½ c. flour
- ½ c. cornstarch
- 1 medium egg
- ½ c. cold water
In a saucepot over medium heat; bring dashi to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer. Divide noodles into 2 serving bowls. In a mixing bowl; sift together flour and cornstarch. In a separate bowl; beat together egg and water. Add liquid all at once into dry ingredients; mixing only until dry ingredients are moistened. Batter will be lumpy. Drop vegetables into batter by heaping tablespoonful. Gently separate. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. For service; ladle dashi onto soba. Place tempura onto soba. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately. Serves 2.