Joinin us in our Cooking Hawaiian Style kitchen we are honored to have kumu hula, singer, musician, and winner of a Na Hoku Hanohano award, Cody Pueo Pata. Pueo also won the Frank B Shaner Falsetto Contest in 2000.
Pueo travels across the US and Japan teaching hula and music. He has 3 albums under his belt released in 2000, 2001, and 2017. He is a great talent and represents Hawaii well. Today Pueo makes his Gourmet Laulau recipe.
1. Wash lu'au leaf, if not "bun long," de-vein, remove tip
2. Remove h'ah'a, peel, and chop
3. Cut beef and pork into bite-size cubes
4. Salt meat
5. Wrap meat in bacon.
1. Lay out 2 lu'au
2. Place bacon-wrapped meat in center
3. Place h'ah'a around the bacon-wrapped meat
4. Tightly roll lu'au around meat
5. Wrap half a la'i around lu'au package
6. Roll tightly in foil.
1. Steam for 1 hour in pressure cooker or 2 hours in large pot.