Crustacean's Inspired Garlic Noodles
For those of you not familliar with Crustacean's Crab, it is a famous restaurant chain in Beverly Hills. They are known for the amazing Roasted Crab and Garlic Noodles. People have been trying to imitate their recipe for years. I’ve tried numerous restaurants with garlic noodles and I’ve come up with my own. I hope you like it.
Crustacean's-Inspired Garlic Noodles
1-lb. package of Chinese egg noodles (in refrigerated section in Asian markets)
3 Tbsp. of smashed garlic (to infused with olive oil)
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. fish sauce *omit for vegetarian
2 Tbsp. Aloha shoyu
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. oyster sauce *omit for vegetarian
1. Mix sauce in small bowl; set aside. Re-stir each time as sugar will settle.
2. Bring pot of water to “rolling” boil; open package of noodles and separate by hand (sometimes I cut noodles in half; I’ve also heard some recipes call for rinsing under cold water before boiling).
3. Add noodles to boiling water; return to boil and cook for 3-5 mins.
4. Drain noodles but don’t rinse — quickly lay noodles in “single layer” on cookie sheet to dry for 30-mins. (use tongs as it will be hot).
5. While noodles are cooking, add smashed garlic and olive oil in small pot to cook gently for 8-10 mins. over low heat (do not burn or it will be bitter – watch carefully). As soon as garlic turns pale (but not brown), remove from heat. Set aside. Discard garlic pieces when ready to use in frying noodles.
6. When noodles are cooled (sticky), lightly fry in small batches over medium-high heat with 1-2 Tbsp. of olive oil for 3-5 mins. each side (or extra crispy if that’s what you like). Add more butter as necessary to brown to your liking.
7. When second side is being fried and almost done, add 1 tsp. of sauce into noodles. Blend well into noodles.
8. Transfer noodles to clean pot; sprinkle 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese to mix.
9. Continue frying in small batches, and repeat nos. 5-7 above.
10. When done, incorporate remaining sauce into noodles (if any left).
11. Transfer onto serving platter and garnish with fried shallots.
There are no nutritional values recorded for this Crustacean's Inspired Garlic Noodles recipe.