SWEET AND SOUR SPARE RIBS
Cooking Hawaiian Style was lucky enough to have Mika Miyashima from KITV 4 join us in the kitchen making her Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs. Mika is becoming a household name in Hawaii as she is responsible for delivering our weather on the weekends.
Born in Los Angeles California and raised in Utah, she earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Communications from the University of Hawaii and interned with the KITV sports team covering basketball and football games.
Immediately following graduation, she served as an Assistant Producer for TMZ Sports in Los Angeles, where she found her passion in sharing stories with the community. I was fascinated by Mika’s generosity and compassion while working with critically ill children around the world.
1. NOH Seasoning Mix: Combine with 1 C water, mix well and set aside.
2. Spareribs: Place in saucepan and add enough water to cover ribs. Bring to boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes until tender. Discard cooking liquid.
3. Add chopped carrots, bell pepper and yellow onion to saucepan with ribs.
4. Pour NOH Seasoning Mix into saucepan over ribs and vegetables. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, basting frequently.
5. Remove saucepan from stove. Add pineapple chunks.
6. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Serve over hot rice.