Baked Sriracha Wings
These chicken wings are baked in the oven. For a crispier version, you can also deep fry the chicken wings. Best of all, this recipe doesn’t have any butter and it’s *healthier* and still delicious!
- 2 pounds chicken wings, lightly coated with oil, tips removed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic about 1 small onion, minced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Sriracha hot sauce or any chili hot sauce (or more for a spicier sauce)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce or Aloha shoyu
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Order Chicken Wing Cookbook - Some favorites include: African Chicken Wings, Cajun Chicken Wings, Coconut Chicken Wings, Crispy Honey Wings, Chicken Wings from Hell, Nuclear Chicken Wings, Jerk Chicken Wings, Napa Valley Chicken Wings, Atomic Chicken Wings Puffed Chicken Wings, Parmesan Wings and many more! Get your own copy right now!
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. On baking sheet, spread chicken wings out on sheet and lightly coat wings with vegetable oil. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, then flip chicken wings over and bake for about another 20 minutes, or until fully cooked and crispy brown.
3. In sauce pan, heat the 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and add onion and garlic. On medium heat, continue stirring the onions and garlic until they are golden brown, but not burnt. Allowing the onions and garlic to reach a golden brown stage will bring out the extra fragrance and flavor. Then add ketchup, sriracha hot sauce, vinegar, fish/soy sauce and ground cumin.
4. Stir well and let simmer for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. After chicken wings have finished baking, toss wings in sauce. Serve warm, although these still taste great when they’re cold!