Thai Chicken Burger w/Cucumber Salad
I don't know about you but after the holidays, its time to start eating clean and simple and these chicken sandwiches can be made with lean breast meat or dark meat or a combination so you can control how healthy you want to make it.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1-2 chillies
- 1 stick of lemon grass, leaves removed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, rough cut
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 shallot
- oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 1 cucumber, sliced thin lengthwise
- 1 red chili, seeds removed and sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 lime, zest and juice
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine well, but not into a paste or mousse. The consistency should be chunky. Form patties and pan fry in hot oil.
Slice the cucumber very thinly into long strips. Place in a bowl and add remaining ingredients. Chill 15-20 minutes before serving.