Honey Roasted Macadamia Nut Ice Cream Pie w/Alae Salted Caramel
A simple yet elegant dessert made with a store-bought pie crust, macadamia nut ice cream, island princess hawaii honey roasted macadamia nuts and a salted caramel made with Hawaiian alae salt.
- 1 store-bought graham cracker crust
- 1/2 gallon macadamia nut ice cream
- 8 oz Island Princess Hawaii Honey Roasted Macadamia Nuts
Hawaiian Alae Salted Caramel
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Hawaiian Alae Salt
Prepare crust according to package instructions.
Allow ice cream to sit out for 5-10 minutes, then scoop into crust. Allow to set for 4+ hours. When ready to serve, Chop macadamia nuts and spinkle on top of frozen ice cream pie.
Prepare alae salted caramel:
Add sugar to heavy 2-3 quart saucepan and heat over medium-high heat, whisking as it melts. Stop whisking once sugar melts.
Cook until sugar reaches a deep reddish-brown amber color (350 degrees). Once this happens, add butter & whisk until melted. Remove from heat and slowly add cream. Whisk until smooth. Add the Alae Hawaiian salt and whisk. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then carefully drizzle caramel over the top of the frozen pie.